The P/CVE National Action Plan & Strategic Communications Consultant will support the development of an effective communication strategy under the Dialogue and Communications Department and report to the Program Manager.
The Department is responsible for a dedicated platform to facilitate focused discussion and collaboration among national and local actors, civil society, researchers, and community leaders involved in CVE.
Send a short cover letter and two-page CV to email@example.com, along with two writing samples of communications strategies, no later than 28 December 2021 with the following subject: “P/CVE NAP Consultant (Kyrgyzstan)”
- Conduct desk research for background on strategic communications and generate recommendations in relation to the implementation of P/CVE National Action Plans;
- Assist the Dialogue and Communications (D&C) team in drafting the communications strategy that complements the National Action Plan;
- Work with other consultants and/or SMEs in the development of the communications strategy;
- Ensure that the communications strategy is part of Hedayah’s Integrated Communications CVE programs approach;
- Draft reports according to donor country’s requirements;
- Meet program deliverables on time;
- Manage stakeholder relationships in-country (this could include government, donor community, CSOs, NGOs, non-state actors, etc.;
- Work with the D&C team to develop strategic relationships and partnerships with stakeholders around the world involved in P/CVE National Action Plans and/or other programming;
- Develops effect monitoring & evaluation plan;
- Participates in bi-weekly calls with Dialogue and Communications team (more if required);
- Writing sections of the final deliverables of the project; and
- At least five years of related professional experience and expertise in Strategic Communications, Communications development, campaigns development, (preferably at least three or four years of experience in P/CVE and or CT);
- Experience in Project Management;
- Experience in Strategic Communications development;
- Experience in designing and implementing communications plans;
- Preferably, working Experience in Kyrgyzstan and/or Central Asia on CVE, and/or security and/or community engagement and/or communications and/or media and information literacy; and
- The person will be working remotely.
M.A. or Ph.D. in Strategic Communications, International Development, International Relations, Security and Counter-Terrorism/CVE Studies, Peace Studies, Media, Journalism and/or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Fluent in oral and written English;
- Familiarity with Kyrgyz and/or Russian is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability working on projects related to drafting complex communications strategies;
- Proven track record as a project manager and experience with managing budgets, project timelines and monitoring & evaluation plans;
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders including government officials, policymakers, community leaders and actors, NGOs, practitioners and experts;
- Able to work independently, as well as within a team;
- Constructively managing internal and external relationships with diplomacy, cultural sensitivity and discretion;
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Demonstrated ability to work in an international, multi-cultural and professional environment as a crucial member of a team;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to achieve results in a timely manner;
- Self-motivated, flexible, creative, and ability to work independently to find solutions; and
Willingness to travel, including to the UAE, if required.
- Flexible hours with the possibility to work remotely.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.